Monday, March 07, 2005

Warre's Vintage Port 1977


Posted by Hello
I picked up a bottle of this beauty about a year ago when I saw it for a reasonable price at the LCBO. I've been waiting all this time until I had the perfect chance to try it. I figured it would be great to have it with my lady friend's parents while we ate a home -cooked gourmet meal which was going to end with a chocolate fondue. As you may well know, port and chocolate go very well together and this, I thought, was my chance.

The color was of a light red with a slightly amber hue to it. The scent reminiscent of dark berries. But it's the taste that I was waiting for. The first impression was that of honey with sweet fruits. The second note being old cognac. The third note was more like a symphony of different fruits with lingering flavors of dark cherry, strawberries and blackberry finishing on the palate. I'm well-aware that I am most likely not doing this beverage justice but the words escape me.

I would recommend that if you can find a bottle of this for sale anywhere, to pick it up immediately and open it up and drink it with some dark chocolate and dark fruits and some camembert. You won't regret it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger